Why Are Simple Logos On The Rise?
One of the biggest reasons why simple logos are becoming more and more popular is because of their memorability. In addition, simple logos give audiences less visual information to process by removing all elements that do not add value to the logo.
The Benefits of Simple Logos
- Visual Comfort
- Complex logos can be overwhelming to the viewer’s eye. Simple logos are far easier to consume quickly.
- Support For The Digital Landscape
- Logos must be able to be visible on all digital platforms. Complex logos may not be able to be seen clearly as a small profile picture or as a website thumbnail.
- Sustainability For Smaller Screens
- As consumers are spending more and more time on their phones, a business’ logo must be able to be seen on a small screen. Simple logos make conveying the brand easier and can also be repurposed in apps or other digital media.
- A More Modern Design
- Logos need to be updated periodically, so they stay relevant and current. As simple logos become the norm, detailed logos begin to feel outdated.
Why Simple Sells
Simplicity in a logo is not only a practical design choice but also adds depth to the meaning of a brand. Often, simplicity is associated with stability and confidence. Simple logos stand out by cutting through the cluttered noise in the retail environment and helps the consumer understand what the company is about.