Improve Your Personal Branding
Personal branding is a tool that can be used to achieve what you want. Many people are not comfortable with having a personal brand because they do not want to put themselves out there. Your personal brand is how you project yourself to the world.
Five Ways To Develop Personal Branding:
- What Is The First Thing People Think of When They Hear Your Name?
- Many people do not know the answer to this question. You need to try to think of what this could be because you are essentially tied to your business. Generally speaking, you want people to hear more positive things about you than negative. Businesses can fail because of poor reputations, but a strong personal brand helps ensure this does not happen.
- One tool you can use to find out what people are saying or seeing about you is to Google your name. Before meeting you in the professional world, it is common for someone to look you up. Be mindful about what you post on social media, but do not be afraid to post about your wins and successes.
- What Does Your LinkedIn Profile Say?
- LinkedIn is a great tool to utilize to sell you and your company. Alongside your personal information, your profile can be a place where you exhibit your professionalism. Your LinkedIn should sell the viewer about your company and help them see doing business with you.
- What Do People See When They Google You?
- Creating a personal website for yourself is a great way to be in control of the first thing others may see when Googling you. You are creating the message you want to distribute, rather than others piecing it together.
- Make Sure Everyone Knows What You Do.
- Think about what you do, why it is important, and why you’re good at it, and develop a 30-second description. Practice this pitch until you have memorized it with ease because you never know when you will need to convince someone they should do business with you.
- Celebrity Branding
- Do you have personal connections with any celebrities? Showing yourself next to or working with a celebrity can be an excellent way to stand out. This strategy will attract people interested in learning about how to make these types of connections.