Why Social Media?
Social media has been around for over two decades, but up until the past few years, brands have not known how to use it to its full potential. However, as more and more companies learn about the value of social media, it is becoming a priority for marketers.
- As of January 2022, there are 3.96 billion total social media users across all platforms
- Adults use social media 95 minutes per day, higher than ever before.
Brand Recognition and Engagement
Social media is a wildly effective tool for brands to establish themselves with customers while building brand recognition, reputation, and engaging with these customers in real-time. Research shows that the brands that have an active presence on social media can establish trust and work their way into the daily routines of their customers.
To no surprise, brands need to build customer loyalty to succeed. Creating close connections with consumers helps them see the brand as a reliable and trustworthy source. Social media serves as the perfect tool to increase customer engagement and create personal connections.
Freedom to Explore and Connect Deeper With The Target Audience
Through social media, brands can individually reach out to their target audience. The personal connection this created comes as a far less expensive option than traditional methods of offline marketing.
Research conducted by Sproutsocial shows:
- The market for social media advertising exceeds 25%, making it a $137 billion industry.
- These numbers are attributed to the fact that social media creates connections for brands to reach outside their home country.
- Social media makes it easier for brands to establish themselves worldwide.
A Highly Personal Approach to Target Customers
Social media marketing allows brands to filter their audience, which helps establish highly personal collections. In addition, social media gives brands control and assists in driving traffic to their website and online profiles.