How to Use Social Media for Market Research
- Industry Insights
- Using social media is a great way to assess industry trends as they’re happening. Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn are all great resources for noticing trends and the changes they may take on. Although these platforms are useful, video content cannot be neglected. Influencers are also resources that can be used to help reach a larger audience and play a large role in industry trends.
- Competitor Research
- Companies from every industry are beginning to recognize the importance of social media in connecting with their audience. Because of this, it is easier to recognize what your competitors are doing and the strategies they are taking.
- Brand Positioning
- Staying on top of your company’s social media is a great way to ensure that your target audience perceives your brand in the way you hope. Hashtags and search functions are a strong benefit of social media because they allow you to search faster and receive results quicker than traditional market research.
- Content Messaging and Design
- Social media allows companies to try out various designs without the cost and time of traditional A/B testing. When testing out designs, pay attention to the comments, likes, and engagement your posts receive