Prioritizing Desktop Over Mobile
65% of all web traffic comes through a smartphone or tablet, with the percentage increasing yearly. Because the great majority of web traffic is done over a smartphone, your website must be optimized first for mobile. Most users believe a website should be equally as well-built, if not better, on mobile sizes.
It is important that as you try to make your website unique, you are also emphasizing the accessibility and efficiency of your site. If you are inconsistent throughout your website, it will cause significant damage down the road. Two examples of this include:
- Overlooking technical issues
- It can be easy to ignore small technical errors on your website, but if ignored, it will compound into bigger issues and potentially harm your ranking in search.
- Allowing aesthetic disparities
- It is crucial that your branding is consistent throughout all channels. This includes consistency on apps, websites, social media, marketing materials, and in-person.
Relying on Humans
More and more businesses are relying on artificial intelligence tools to stay ahead of their competition. However, no human can perform in the same way as AI. If you allow technology to take control of certain tasks, you will free up more time for you and your employees to focus on growing your business.
Treating Every Customer the Same
Customers prefer to do business with companies that take the time to personalize their shopping experience. 71% of shoppers expect personalized interactions when they click on a website. Emphasizing personalization for your consumers will help earn brand loyalty. Businesses encounter personalization issues regarding the following:
- Ignoring accessibility
- Mandatory account creation
- Limiting self-service options
- Ditching Simplicity
Overly complex web design typically makes the website harder to navigate, and more difficult for visitors to find the information they are looking for. Be sure to do everything you can to simplify your site, so you keep the loading speed of your site quickly.