What is Humanized Marketing?
To understand humanized marketing, it is essential first to understand personal marketing. Personal marketing has allowed businesses to utilize consumer data such as demographic and behavioral information in their marketing efforts. Some examples of personalized marketing include:
- Adding the consumer’s name to the intro of an email
- Sending birthday promotions
- Sharing follow-up messages post consumer purchase
Humanized marketing uses the same data points collected as personalized marketing but takes an extra step by analyzing the information that comes from consumer interactions. One key aspect of humanized marketing is client relationship management systems.
Humanizing Your Business
Now more than ever, consumers care much more about their experience when interacting with a brand. Utilizing humanizing marketing shows current and potential customers the extent that your company goes out of its way to create solutions and support them through their purchasing process.
5 Steps to Move Your Business Toward Consumer-First Mindset
- Be aware of how your business manages consumer data.
- Understanding what your business needs and why they need it is a great place to start when revisiting your data security protocols. Making an effort to be transparent about collecting data will alleviate some anxiety consumers have when interacting online.
- Take customer feedback into consideration.
- Sending out customer satisfaction surveys is a great way to keep a pulse on how your product or service is doing in the eyes of the consumers, as well as identifying areas where your business can improve.
- Consider messaging.
- It is essential to revisit how your business communicates on your website consistently, especially when it matters most. Being intentional about customer service is one way to set the tone for your business’s messaging.
- Consider your social media.
- Social media is a great way to help humanize your business. You can take a step back and see if your brand is portrayed as relatable, cohesive, and genuine.
- Consider the happiness of your employees.
- When employees are happy, chances are they are delivering a better experience of your company to the customers. Including your staff in the process is important when attempting to humanize your business.