Work With Us
At Foerstel Design, being a kick-ass designer ranks number one, but caring about the environment and sustainability is also at the top of our list. We are a design and strategic marketing group located in sunny Boise, Idaho, and we sleep better at night because we spend our days working for thoughtful clients whose products and services make the world a better place to live. We are looking to add an art director to our tribe who has bushels of positive energy and a minimum 10 years of design/production experience. A perfect candidate thinks that creativity isn’t limited to the office, embraces problem-solving, and plays well with others. Food package design experience is a plus, and fitting in with our fun, creative bunch is a must.
What you’ll do
- Package design for retail and foodservice, from early concepting to production
- Brand architecture, including but not limited to, establishing foundational elements, logo design, and collateral development
- Digital/web and interactive design
- Digital illustration
- Work directly with creative, web, and account teams to achieve desired project goals and quality creative projects
- Participate in new business development efforts
What you’ll need
- Minimum 10 years design experience in an agency or design studio
- Package design experience is highly preferred but not mandatory
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a variety of design skills
- Superior knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An optimistic, can-do attitude
- Willingness to embrace design as a discipline of co-creation
- Salary based upon experience
- Part-time position with full-time employment potential
Working at Foerstel — The UN-corporate Office
Our studio is a passionate, dedicated, informal workplace that is more interested in changing the way people think about our planet than winning design awards (although we do have several under our belt). Although we are very serious about deadlines, delivering exceptional work, and growing as a company, we pride ourselves on having fun while creating and supporting one another while keeping an eye on our common goal. Bonus: we treat ourselves to bi-weekly massages, lunches, occasional donuts and outings to inspiring places!
If you feel you are qualified for this position please fill out the application below.