Why Web Design and Web Development
Having an online presence is becoming one of the most important ways companies gain clients and new customers. Every business should have an online presence, but it should also be important for it to be visually appealing.
What is Web Design?
Web design encompasses everything visual on a website, along with its usability. It is all about what the user sees and is responsible for ensuring the website is current and easy to use. Some of the elements web design looks at include:
- Color scheme
- Aligning with the client’s brand
What is Web Development?
Web development includes everything that goes into creating the website. A web developer’s responsibilities are split into two forms: front-end developer and back-end developer.
- Front-end developers work on coding the website, which makes it possible for a designer to create a template mirroring the template the web designer put together.
- Back-end developers need specific tools and skills such as:
- Server-side web development frameworks
- Security and database management systems
Main Differences Between Web Design and Web Development
- Web Developers do not make mock-ups
- Web Development works front-end and back-end
- Web design works on the visual elements of the website
- Web designers do not code the website
Main Similarities Between Web Design and Web Development
- Both web designers and web developers are needed to create a website and are equally important in the process
- Both contribute to building a strong online presence for their clients
- Both require specific skills and tools to perform their job
Read more about Web Design and Development at irrigator.com